It might not be October but that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy some spooky, soundtrack-worthy new music from legendary composer and director, John Carpenter. Fans will be stoked to check out the brand new track “Skeleton” and its accompanying B-side, “Unclean Spirit,” both of which were made in collaboration with Cody Carpenter (yes, John’s son) and Daniel Davies (godson).
The songs are out now but will also be available as a deluxe limited-edition 12″ vinyl on August 28, with artwork courtesy of Chris Bilheimer.
Carpenter commented, saying, “It was refreshing to be able to write music that didn’t have to fit to any sort of locked image. We also had a specific focus and direction we wanted to follow when working on Halloween, both in terms of mindset and instruments, and being able to return to working without that narrow focus was refreshing. Although working on Halloween didn’t specifically influence any of these new compositions, there is always a honing of craft that must take place when working on a film like Halloween, and our improved skills definitely helped us in writing these songs.”
Vinyl Pressing Variations:
– Hand-cut “bone records” acetate version limited to 100
– “Blood Red” limited to 2000
– “Skeleton Bones” (SB mailorder exclusive) limited to 500
– “Hemoglobin” (Bandcamp exclusive) limited to 500
– “Blood Splatter” (End of an Ear exclusive) limited to 300
– “X-Ray” (Sacred Bones Record Society exclusive) limited to 150