As most fans are already aware, Foxy Shazam disbanded several years back leaving the members freer to focus on their various other projects. Well, keyboardist Sky White took his passion for fine teas to a whole new level and founded Wendigo Tea Co., a company which offers a variety of exquisite high-calibre teas from around the world.
Continuing to have fun with everything he does, White chose to name his teas after various mysterious entities such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. Humour aside, the premium quality leaves have unique flavours and tons of health benefits. Be sure to get more info and order your tea at www.wendigotea.com. Check out the White’s TOP 10 most spun records!
10. Ghost B.C. – Popestar
– Well since Satan won’t answer us on the ouija board, we figure listening to Ghost B.C. is the next best thing.
09. Bad Rabbits – Stick Up Kids
– A few party starting jams for when the day starts feeling long. This always gets me gets me feeling wiggly when I need it.
08. Godspeed You! Black Emperor – Yanqui U.X.O.
– Any menial task seems way more intense and important while listening to this record.
07. Tom Waits – Mule Variations
– A few songs on this record hit hard and I get a single tear in my eye. Also lots of deranged nasty blues.
06. Geinoh Yamashirogumi – Akira OST
– I love this soundtrack so much. It is so all over the place tonally and musically that it is entrancing.
05. King Crimson – THRAK
– Mostly a record long heavy prog rhythms and absurd pop songs. “I’m A Dinosaur”- need I say more?
04. Herbie Hancock – Head Hunters
– Sometimes you just gotta get funky. This record absolutely blew my mind when I was younger. It changed changed what I thought of song structure and what a keyboard player could do. I always find it inspirational.
03. The Bomboras – Head Shrinkin’ Fun
– Halloween is all year round at Wendigo Tea, so gotta keep the dark surf wave rolling hard.
02. The Ghastly Ones – A-Haunting We Will Go-Go
– Upbeat instrumental music is wildly important for cultivation of creativity. And a monster themed tea company obviously has to have some dark surf music on hand for this reason.
01. Michael Jackson – Thriller
– Nothing hypes me up more than MJ and a spooky Vincent Price monologue. I really am dancing while moving all these tea tins around Wendigo HQ.
Check out the song “I Like It”