Californian metal group Kingdom Of Giants released their new album All The Hell You’ve Got To Spare on May 5, 2017, via InVogue Records. (Purchase, stream or download it RIGHT HERE.) Just shy of forty minutes in length, All The Hell You’ve Got To Spare is 11 songs of pummelling metal that begs to be heard live and loud! So, before they hit the road the band connected with us to share a list they follow of the TOP 10 things bands should do to stay alive on tour.
10. PACK EFFICIENTLY
– 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, and as many pairs of socks and underwear as you can possible fit. However many you are thinking right now…double it.
09. BABY WIPES ARE YOUR FRIEND
– In our early years of touring, we would sometimes go a week without showering. Solution, baby wipe your entire body.
– You don’t realize how much sitting around goes on on tour. Bring some weights with you and get some curls going, knock out some pushups, do some situps. You’ll be happy when you get home from tour and don’t feel like crap.
07. NEVER PASS UP A SHOWER
– You may think you need that extra 10 min of sleep in the morning, but do everyone around you a favor and take that shower. You never know the next chance you’ll get.
06. UTILIZE YOUR CONTACTS
– Between the 6-8 of us, someone is bound to have an Aunt or Uncle who’s ready to house some dirty band people for a night. Reach out and get out of the van whenever possible.
05. ALWAYS HAVE A CO-PILOT
– We all need sleep, but letting 1 person do an overnight drive is extremely dangerous. Make sure your driver has a co-pilot at all times.
04. BRING A BRITTA
– Britta makes filtered water bottles. Water is your best friend on the road but sometimes it may come from a questionable source, the least you could do is filter it.
03. BRING A PORTABLE PROPANE GRILL
– Be the guy cooking up wild caught salmon and asparagus outside your van and make everyone else jealous.
02. BRING A COOLER
– The easiest way to avoid tip #1 is to bring a cooler, stop at grocery stores and stock up food for a couple days. Gas stations generally have free ice to keep your goods fresh.
01. STOP EATING FAST FOOD
– It may be cheap and it may be tempting, but you will feel so much better and have more energy to play your shows if you avoid eating fast food.
Check out the video for the band’s song “Damaged Goods”