Summer is officially in full swing. For some, they’ve just gotten out of school, some have been off for a few months now, and others are still working but just happy for the heat! There are many ways to spend the time we have on our hands, but what better way than to go to some shows? This summer is packed with some banging tours that you should check out and here are 10 we think are absolute musts!
– One of the biggest tours to have been announced, pop punk heavyweights All Time Low and emo legends Dashboard Confessional are teaming up for the Summer Ever After Tour, bringing along gnash for support. The two recently announced a second leg going into September, so if you didn’t initially see your city, your wishes may have been granted this time around.
02. Seaway, Like Pacific, Living With Lions, Bearings
– Unfortunately for international fans, this tour is exclusive to Canada, though it will hit up a bunch of B-market cities, on top of some places typically hit on a Canadian run. Including some of the country’s biggest names in the pop-punk genre, these shows are sure to go off, so make sure you hit one up.
03. Panic! At The Disco, ARIZONA, Hayley Kiyoko
– Fresh off hitting number one with their newest release, Pray For The Wicked, Brendon Urie and co will be taking the record on the road, playing arenas across North America, with Hayley Kiyoko and ARIZONA tagging along for the first segment. The tour will be going worldwide later on in the year and in 2019, so don’t fear. Panic! Is notorious for an energetic live show and this will be no exception.
“Hey Look Ma, I Made It” from Panic!’s Pray For The Wicked.
04. 5 Seconds Of Summer, The Aces
– Also fresh off hitting number one with Youngblood, Australian pop-rock group 5 Seconds of Summer will be taking their newest sounds on the road. Some fans have already had a taste of the new record, as the band spent their spring playing small venues around the world, incorporating many new songs into the mix, though this will be on a much larger scale.
05. Slayer, Anthrax, Lamb of God, Testament, Napalm Death
– Want to to get your face melted off with big riffs and an intense light/pyro show? Look no further. Metal legends Slayer will be continuing the North American stretch of their farewell tour at the end of July through to August. Get out there and see one of the most prominent names in metal for a final time.
06. Jay-Z & Beyonce
– For music in general, this just might be the biggest tour of them all. Two of the biggest names in pop and hip-hop, husband and wife, Jay-Z and Beyonce are hitting the road together. For the past month, they have been going at it all over Europe and will be bringing it to this side of the pond later this month. Playing songs of their own, as well as from the collaborative album, Everything Is Love, this is another show that must not be slept on.
Here’s Jay-Z and Beyonce going full Megazord with their collaborative act THE CARTERS and the video for “Apeshit”..
07. Arctic Monkeys
– This British rock quartet have quite a busy schedule ahead of them. After the success of their latest release, Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino, The Arctic Monkeys have taken their new tunes on the road in Europe, and will continue to do so in North America at the end of the month before returning to Europe in August.
– This loaded surf rock tour is already a few shows in, but it will be continuing for another month. Pixies continue to tour supporting 2016’s Head Carrier and Weezer is repping 2017’s Pacific daydream. A lot will happen on this tour. Classic tunes, new tunes, Weezer covering “Africa” by Toto; it’ll be a hell of a time!
09. For The Fallen Dreams, Sworn In, Bodysnatcher
– Another ten-year anniversary to get hyped on! Metalcore band For The Fallen Dreams will be taking their debut album, Changes, out on the road, playing the release in its entirety. Quite a few names in the genre are already playing a certain “creme de la creme” tour so this is definitely one of the more exciting tours happening in the genre. Leading to our last one….
Let the tears flow and watch Warped Tour’s “Last Call” video.
10. Vans Warped Tour
– It is still heartbreaking to say, but this will in fact be the last time the iconic Vans Warped Tour will be making its way across the continent. Bringing on the rise acts like As It Is and Movements, along with some names that have become staples such as The Maine and Motionless In White, this year has a mix of bands that can satisfy any type of alternative music craving. Each date will also have some special guests, so make sure you keep an eye out for that. Get the worst sunburn you can, mosh your heart out, and have a hell of a time, one last time.