Are you “Feelin’ It?” If you’re not, you will be after taking a listen to White Label Analog’s latest single. Released in January, this is the band’s first new song since the release of “Everyone Knows” in 2018, ending a long gap in between new material, and giving their fanbase a reason to get stoked again.
It’s not as if the band members were resting on their laurels for three years, though; with the uncertainty and instability instigated by the global pandemic over the last two years, it made it impossible for the group to actually convene, let alone get inside a recording studio. Once they were able to hit the studio, the guys got right back into their element, producing a song that’s fun, cheerful, and full of positivity. White Label Analog exploded in 2016 with the release of their debut full-length In Case You Just Tuned In, and they are intent on regaining that momentum as they move forward into a new year and a new era.
It’s no secret that the band’s hometown of Austin, Texas is one of the most musical cities in America. Coincidentally, it’s also known as one of the best cities in the country for restaurants and good eating. In turn, the members of White Label Analog have checked in today with their Top 10 ways of indulging in the city’s best bars, restaurants, and local, up-and-coming musical acts.
Here it goes, Friends; welcome to White Label Analog’s “Ten Ways to Taste Austin”:
– Bar: Antone’s… Austin’s Home of the Blues.
– Restaurant: Franklin Barbeque… long lines form early for brisket.
– Emerging Solo Artist: Jackie Venson
Home style cooking with a side of ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Crow Bar… no frills hang on South Congress.
– Restaurant: Dan’s Hamburgers… go for the burgers, don’t sleep on the chicken fried steak.
– Emerging Band: Eternal Something
Goes great with ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Ego’s… if ya know, ya know.
– Restaurant: Perla’s… great patio and shellfish.
– Emerging Band: Sneaky Peaches & The Fuzz
Hanging in the SoCo & ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Little Drinks… Five dollar Friday old fashions.
– Restaurant: Southside Flying Pizza… luscious pizza and salads, need we say more?
– Emerging Band: Go Fever
Will satiate your thirst while ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Craft Pride… Beer, beer, and more beer.
– Restaurant: Curra’s Grill… the Ceviche is strong with this one.
– Emerging Solo Artist: Elijah Delgado
Lullaby skies with a splash of ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: The Roosevelt Room… the 1929 Aeon Flux of craft cocktails.
– Restaurant: Juliet Italian Kitchen… 17 layer lasagna… mama mía!
– Emerging Artist: YATTE
Bouquet of flavours topped with ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Midnight Cowboy… reservation only speakeasy with a booze cart.
– Restaurant: Parkside… the (Austin area chef) Shawn Cirkiel origin story.
– Emerging Artist: Primo The Alien
Muddle and shuck your way until you’re ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Seven Grand… because we like whiskey, and they have lots.
– Restaurant: Musashino… Texas roadkill, please.
– Emerging Artist: Bayonne
On the rocks or neat, always ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Far Out Lounge… perfect south-side retreat for original live music and drinks.
– Restaurant: Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ… it’s the Real Deal Holyfield with brisket.
– Emerging Band: Swimming With Bears
Pairs nicely with ‘Feelin’ It.’
– Bar: Whisler’s… mustaches and mezcal.
– Restaurant: Foreign & Domestic… quaint, rustic and who knows what you’ll eat.
– Emerging Band: Darkbird
Rinse and repeat… all to ‘Feelin’ It’.