With the lockdown continuing, the latest in our series featuring bands and their favourite venues sees Wigan psychedelic rock band Deepshade, take us around some of their favourite venues.
Favourite Local Venue:
The Tudor, New Market St, Wigan, WN1 1SE
– We basically grew up in The Tudor, from being 15 (the owners didn’t know that), but it has been a hub of the alternative for years and has a brilliant sound system for live bands. We made many friends there. We would still play there if we were as big as Megadeth!
Top 5 Venues:
Fell Foot Woods, Newby Bridge, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 8NN
– Fell Foot Woods us great earthly venue in the middle of the woods. We’ve played there about ten times. The owner Barry is a quirky character and may cast a spell on you in the moon pond. Absolutely beautiful place.
Mothers Ruin, 7-9 St Nicholas St, Bristol BS1 1UE
– Mothers Ruin is a tiny pub packed with curiosities and a tiny stage, but get 50 people in there and the place is buzzing with an electricity that you only get with really intimate shows.
Vinyl Tap, 28-30 Adelphi St, Preston PR1 7BE
– The owner of the Vinyl Tap wears a cowboy hat and thinks he’s Bruce Springsteen which is absolutely fine with us, great ales, great music and a top venue.
Rebellion, 2B Whitworth St W, Manchester, M1 5WZ
– Rebellion is a fantastic venue to see up-and-coming obscure bands on tour, from psychedelic rock to stoner rock to hard rock.
Mad Ferret, 55 Fylde Rd, Preston PR1 2XQ>
– Mad Ferret is a brilliant venue with a great reputation for having some big bands play there in their early years. Supports all up-and-coming bands from all genres. We’ve had some amazing nights in that place.
Favourite Gig Memory
At Jazz Cafe in Manchester, we were mid-set and our vocalist Dave split his pants on stage and had
to walk off without anyone noticing. Unfortunately everything was hanging out!
Hardcore/Punk2 weeks ago
The Menzingers Wrap Up Their UK Tour with a Punk Party at Manchester Academy [Photos]
Music14 hours ago
Mother Mother (w/Crawlers) Deliver Mesmerizing Folk-Pop Experience at Leeds O2 Academy [Show Review]
Alternative/Rock3 days ago
The V13 Fix #005 w/ In Vain, Yard Act, These Wicked Rivers and more
Alternative/Rock1 week ago
The V13 Fix #004 w/ Darkest Hour, Glitterer, LowLives and more
Alternative/Rock5 days ago
SOiL Announce November UK Headline Tour Dates
Alternative/Rock4 days ago
Journey Confirm UK & Ireland Dates for 50th Anniversary ‘Freedom’ Tour
Dance/Electronic6 days ago
Mieko Shimizu Premieres Music Video for “Unworldy” Single “My Tentacles”
Country2 weeks ago
Buckstein Premieres His Good-Time Single, “Ride with You”