Another year, another massive lineup provided by South Florida’s alternative-music radio-stars 104.3 The Shark. Riptide Music Festival, which began in 2016, has always been a weekend full of incredible musical acts and a cornucopia of foods and beverages to choose from. This year, the festival is taking entertainment that much further by adding fashion and new food elements to its roster. Though it’s pretty hard to narrow down to only five aspects, we wanted to give you a quick synopsis of why this year’s Riptide Festival is going to be one for the books, and why we consider it to be one of the best festivals South Florida has to offer.
01. The musical lineup is insane.
– Musical headliners for the festival this year are The Killers and Jimmy Eat World, two of the most iconic bands for fans of alternative music’s past and present. As if these two artists weren’t enough motivation, you can count on the array of supporting acts to certainly coax your hand to the ticket site. The 1975, Silversun Pickups, Judah & the Lion, Catfish and the Bottlemen, New Politics, Reel Big Fish, and plenty more will take the stage over the course of the two-day festival.
Relive the 2018 edition of Riptide with a special highlight video of what happened at least year’s festival:
02. It’s a winter vacation.
– The festival takes place on the warm, golden sands of Fort Lauderdale Beach. This year, Riptide falls on the weekend right before Thanksgiving, so this is the perfect chance to embrace your “summer bod” before succumbing to the holiday’s festivities. What better way to welcome the winter season than in the sun with your toes in the sand?
03. The festival curators are always innovating their entertainment regiment.
– This year, they’re adding a new fashion & lifestyle segment hosted by infamous Queer Eye star Tan France and more showcases in the Underground Village. For a more thrilling experience, take the Rainbow Tunnel through to see all of the unique art installations taking place all weekend long.
04. The festival is like a bazaar of food and beverage options.
– Aisles of local food stands and beverage stations line the outskirts of the festival, with plenty of vegetarian and vegan options as well to cater to every festival-goer. As if this wasn’t enough, Riptide Festival is welcoming a brand new Culinary Stage that will hold cooking workshops and taste-testing, as well as a mobile celebrity-chef kitchen straight off of Gordon Ramsey’s hit show Hell on Wheels.
Relive “When You Were Young” with this classic music video from The Killers’, now a decade after its release:
05. They know how to have fun, too.
– The folks over at The Shark and the team that puts together this festival are simply worth all the praise. Between sets, they always have team members on stage engaging with the crowd and giving back the appreciation to attendees. They get excited about the bands, they contribute to the installations, and they are proud of the work that they do to create events like this. To put it simply, the Riptide Festival team fosters a sense of community for festival-goers that is unlike any other festival in the area.
Riptide Festival takes place on Fort Lauderdale Beach on November 23rd and 24th. Early bird tickets sold out in record time for this year’s festival, but general public 2-day GA/VIP and single-day tickets are still available on the Riptide Music Festival website. Believe us when we say do not wait to get your tickets; it’s going to be a big one!
Check out the full lineup with the official tour poster for Riptide Festival 2019: