With festival season in full swing now, the massive alternative Reading and Leeds weekender is coming up this week so we thought we’d grab Iain Macrae from Aussie boys Press Club to get his thoughts on how best to survive what will undoubtedly be a weekend of rock debauchery.
01. Festival Weather
– I tend to not go to festivals outside the Summer months when it’s likely gonna be pretty warm. I’m pretty good mates with a dry cleaner and I get him to put this German waterproofing stuff on my coats just in case the sky opens up.
02. Essential Festival Items
– Esky, tent, booze, bananas, cold snags, canned fruit, BBQ Shapes. I think cold snags are a real good, quick scoff when you’re running back to camp to throw on ya waterproof jacket between sets. I love Shapes btw. Big fan. Try and stop me. (FYI Europe, Shapes are a culinary delight we have in Australia. Google ‘em.)
03. Festival Camping
– Set up tent. 50/50 chance whether it gets used.
04. Drink and Drugs
– I don’t know what you’re talking about, officer. Never heard of that happening here.
Watch the video for Press Club’s new single “Thinking About You” right here:
05. Festival Love
– Just make sure you’re in the tent, aight? I’ve seen too many glowing, skinny, white asses bouncing around in the moonlight.
06. Your Ultimate Festival Line-up
– Lewis Capaldi, Sheer Mag, Fontaines D.C, Oasis, Kiss, Happy Mondays.
07. Best Advice for a Festival Virgin
– You’re going to feel really, really bad until Tuesday, but it’ll all be worth it.
08. Your Favourite Festival Memory
– Seeing George Clinton do “Maggot Brain” at Meredith (that’s a pretty big, super incredible festival here in Australia). Made me cry.
Check out the band when the play Leeds Festival The Pit Stage at 3.30 on Saturday August 24 and Reading Festival The Pit Stage at 4.00 on Friday 23 August.
Press Club’s new album Wasted Energy is out now and you can pick up your copy through their label Hassle Records.