What is the Toronto Festival of Beer? Why it’s only one of the best and most fun events the summer has to offer! The Toronto Festival of Beer, presented by The Beer Store, runs from July 26th to 28th and, if you like beer, food and music, is the ultimate place to be. Taking place at Bandshell Park (Exhibition Place), this festival provides the perfect opportunity for everyone to kick back and enjoy a wonderful summer weekend in the city.
The festival is such a hit that it returns every year without missing a beat and the 2019 edition of the festival is sure to live up to the hype. With so much to see, do and sample, we thought we’d outline some of the reasons why you need to attend Beer Fest in 2019!
01. Beer, Beer and More Beer!
– As you may have guessed, this event is not lacking in beer in the slightest! In 2018, there was a whopping 416 breweries to choose from. The choices of beer are endless from microbreweries like Junction Craft Brewing to large, more familiar brands. For those who are more adventurous with their beverage choices, there are tons of imported options from England’s Hobgoblin to Tiger, all the way from Singapore. In short, if you like beer there is no way you will not have a blast.
Check out some our photos from last year’s event. Tatiana Morand’s full photo gallery of beer, bands, and food!
02. Good Grub…
– What is the perfect accompaniment to some nice, cold beer? Some amazing choices of diverse cuisine of course! Just like the beer selection, this festival has a food vendor for any craving. For Italian you can visit Queen Margherita, for American you can wander over to South St. Burger and for Caribbean, you can hit up Jerk Brothers. These are only three of the dozens of options that you can take advantage of to quench your beer-induced hunger!
03. Top-of-the-Line Entertainment…
– Music is one thing that every good summer party needs and the festival is not lacking in this department as this year’s event will feature can’t-miss headliners on each day of the festival.
July 26th will feature none other than hip-hop royalty Public Enemy! Founded by Chuck D, Public Enemy is one of the most prominent hip-hop collectives to ever hit this planet, laying the groundwork for groups like NWA, G-Unit, and Migos. Public Enemy is known for their well-defined socio-political messages and speaking out for those who don’t have a voice.
They are one of the few hip-hop acts to transcend the ranks of the genre and make waves in the mainstream. The New York Times has named Public Enemy to their list of “25 Most Significant Albums of the Last Century” and in 2005 the Library of Congress added Fear of a Black Planet to their Nation Recording Registry. It is safe to say that this performance will be an opportunity of a lifetime!
Does it get any better than this? Here’s some PE for you, along with Anthrax for their classic rendition of “Bring The Noise.”
On July 27th, gracing the stage will be Canadian band Dwayne Gretzky. There is nothing to not like about these guys. They are a live music collective that celebrates the greatest songs of all time transcending both era and genre. In other words, they have the material to get everyone up and moving and having a good time.
Last, but certainly not least, the final day of the festival will feature Ja Rule and Grammy Award Winner Ashanti! Also known for his acting in such films as Fast and Furious, Ja Rule is also a menace on the mic who effortlessly meshes rap, metal, and pop into an extremely fun and energetic sound. With four Grammy nominations, three platinum albums and countless hit singles Ja Rule is said to be one of the most decorated rappers of all time.
His partner for this performance, Ashanti, is no slouch either. With endless awards, including a Grammy under her belt, Ashanti is one of the most iconic female R&B singers of the 21st century. In 2002, she earned herself a Guinness World Record for the highest first-week sales for a female artist’s debut ever, selling 503,000 copies of her self-titled album. Not too shortly after, Ashanti became the first female and solo artist to have three top ten songs on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart in the same week, a feat that has only been achieved by The Beatles and Cardi B. This performance will be a once in a lifetime experience!
04. Beautiful Bandshell…
– Bandshell Park (of the Exhibition) is the perfect location to host an event like this. With tons of open space to hang out, everyone has the opportunity to enjoy their cold beer, gourmet food, and A-list music entertainment. It doesn’t hurt that its right on the lake shore with a beautiful view of Lake Ontario. When is summer? It can’t come soon enough!
Remember this one? Here’s some Ja Rule teaming up with Ashanti in the music video for “Always On Time.”