Sweden’s Louise Lemón is a riveting force drawing all kinds of highly deserved attention as she’s being tearing through the death-gospel underground scene. With a recent Metal Hammer interview now under her belt, she’s breaking out to larger and more varied audiences and is sure to absolutely wreck with her new album, A Broken Heart is an Open Heart, which dropped March 15th via Icons Creating Evil Art.
As always, we are honoured to have Louise join our Women of Rock ranks as she gives us five female-centric acts that helped shape the sound of her upcoming record, which you can stream/purchase now via most DSP’s, including Bandcamp.
If Louise is “Not Enough”, what hope do the rest of us have?
– I listened to a lot of Fleetwood Mac when I was making this album. I love how they make the music so polished and still keep it real.
When you tire of Billy Corgan’s voice, there’s always the brilliant original: “Landslide”.
– Her Blue album is one of my most listened to albums. Interesting instrumentation and real down to earth and honest lyrics with her special vocals makes me want to listen and makes me want to understand how she sings the way she does.
Check out the eponymous “Blue” from Joni’s seminal album.
03. Édith Piaf (Paris, FRA)
Genres: Cabaret, Musical Theatre
– She is my long time inspiration. The way she makes desperation come alive and makes that heartache so beautiful and painful.
From the common phrase meaning ‘seeing life in pink’; “La Vie En Rose”.
– When I started to play the electric guitar I played so many of her songs. “This Is Love” is a track that I loved just as much then as I do now.
So, you’re a complex yet base being? Here’s “This Is Love”.
– The depth in her voice and the way she challenges herself and her creations and paths really makes me want to put myself in the position of creating from the innermost core.
Badu’s soulful and brilliant “On & On”.
Louise Lemón will be supporting her new album live and has a handful of dates already on the books.
04/09 – Bergen Live Session – Norway
04/10 – BLÅ – Oslo, Norway
04/11 – Spillestedet – Stengade, Denmark
04/13 – Roadburn Festival – Tilburg, Netherlands
The powerful, arresting A Broken Heart Is an Open Heart is out now.