Who doesn’t love some fast food, right? Even if you resist the temptation, it’s more than likely your mind is thinking about burgers and fries, maybe some tacos… a shake? The sky is basically the limit with the variety available today across North America and beyond, and when you spend over half the year on the road as a rock band does, it’s not exactly the easiest task to eat vegan.
San Diego post-hardcore group Secrets have built for themselves a very successful musical career, much as a result of their commitment to their craft and making it a point of being completely dedicated to the touring grind. And quite frankly, it’s paid off with a well-established and still growing fan base and no end in sight.
Secrets just wrapped up a few shows in Australia and will embark on the “Secrets Fragile Features” anniversary tour beginning in late April, with special guest Awaken I Am. With a special feature for you today, Secrets’ lead singer and guitarist Richard Rogers shares with us his TOP 10 favourite fast food restaurants that he and his bandmates enjoy frequenting while on tour in North America and Europe.
10. Cracker Barrel
– Cracker Barrel is a feel-good, southern-themed restaurant and gift shop spread across most of the United States where you can get fried catfish, fried chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes and everything else the 300-pound southern grandma you never had would have made every day. Every meal is around ten dollars and comes with free biscuits and cornbread for the table. AMERICAAA!
Secrets get intense with this performance video for “Five Years.”
09. Steak and Shake
– Four dollar fresh, never frozen steakburger and fry meals and it’s open 24/7. ‘Nuff said.
08. Jimmy Johns
– This sandwich shop only makes the list because of price and convenience. They make average sandwiches that are cheap, fast and there’s usually one near every venue in the U.S.
– This place rules. Wawa is a gas station/deli on the east coast of the U.S. where you order from a touch screen and get to choose from sandwiches, mac ‘n cheese, wraps, and breakfast items all while filling up your gas tank so you can get to the next venue!
06. Taco Bell
– We love this place too much. Nacho cheese on everything. Yo Quiero Taco Bell!
05. Waffle House
– 24-hour diner all across the United States where typically toothless meth heads serve you the most delicious, fresh breakfast at an amazing price. Don’t let the staff fool you. This diner is amazing.
Secrets’ self-titled record was released on February 23rd, 2018.
– Best in Europe, Kebab is where it’s at. Lamb or chicken slow cooked on a verticle rotisserie then wrapped in a pita, lavash or yuftka. Richard once ate this for two weeks straight the third time we went to Europe.
03. Albertacos, Albertos, Robertos, Rolbertos and most any taco shop in Southern California
– California has the best Mexican food hands down. Go to any of these taco shops and order a California burrito or a breakfast burrito. California burritos come with carne asada, french fries, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream. It’s so good that it should be illegal.
02. Smoke’s Poutinerie
– We may be split on this one as a band, but poutine is pretty damn good. French fries topped with cheese curds and smothered in gravy. Anytime you go to Canada you gotta get some, plus our tour manager is Canadian so we had to add something for him.
– The best fast food burger chain around. In-N-Out is a California staple and our personal favorite burger spot. We could eat here every day. It’s that good.
Let’s finish things off in the most “Incredible” way possible, with another video from last year’s self-titled release.