Earlier this month, edibles were consumed and I attempted to survive a Windhand show at the legendary Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto. The recipe that I deemed best for this occasion was the ever-growing popular keto fat bomb.
This simple four-ingredient (three if you want to keep it unsweetened) treasure is becoming a mainstay snack in the ketogenic diet. It’s a general following of nut butter, cocoa powder and a type of fat that when kept cool forms an incredibly tasty treat that packs a real punch.
What’s best about these is they can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer for three months. Just thaw for five minutes and you are ready to go. I’ll keep this short so we can get to baking, but I will leave you with this; keep this recipe cool! You will be left with what looks like a bag of excrement if you diddle daddle too long!
Don’t worry, we also don’t know what the hell a “Bongripper Fat Bombs” is. But it looks tasty!
Blast your bong with out freshly updated Baker’s Dozen playlist!
-1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
-1/4 cup Cocoa or Cacao Powder
-1/4 cup melted Cannabis infused coconut oil
-1 tsp Stevia
-Pepitas, Cocoa Nib and Hawaiian grey salt for garnish
– Cookies and Cream. Winner of the Denver Cannabis Cup, this sativa has a distinct sweet taste that is perfect for a dessert type snack! Get more information via href=”https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/cookies-and-cream”>Leafly.com here.
Step 1: Mix all ingredients together until it is a consistency of thin batter and pour into mini cupcake wrappers.
Step 2: Place in fridge for 5 min or until soft and able to support weight.
Step 3: Place a cocoa nib, pepita and a pinch of salt on top of each bomb and place in freezer.
Step 4: These are best stored in the freezer and taken out as needed. Allow 5 minutes to thaw.
Let’s get old school with Rainbow’s music video for “Stargazer.”
Suggested Baker’s Dozen “Bongripper Fat Bombs” Playlist:
01. Windhand – “Red Cloud”
02. Dunbarrow – “The Wanderer”
03. Uriah Heep – “The Wizard”
04. James Brown – “Grits”
05. Funkadelic – “Maggot Brain”
06. Ohio Players – “Love Rollercoaster”
07. Black Oak Arkansas – “Lord Have Mercy on My Soul”
08. Big Business – “O.G”
09. High on Fire – “Bagdad”
10. Deep Purple – “Blood Sucker”
11. Rainbow – “Stargazer”
12. Rush – “Working Man”
13. Rolling Stones – “Wild Horses”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
– Danny P. is a Toronto, Canada-based chef with a love for music, food, and baking (both kinds). He may be stuck in the ‘70s, but he is definitely not stuck in his ways. In this series, Dan will bring you some of his favourite recipes for absolutely tasty bake-worthy goods. If you have any comments, suggestions or other inquiries, hit him up on Instagram at @bakersdozenrocks.
OTHER YUMMY RECIPES