Kaaboo 2018, taking place at the Del Mar Racetrack & Fairgrounds September 14-16, is right around the corner! Here are your TOP 10 must-see acts for Southern California’s hottest Music & Arts Festival. For more information on Kaaboo 2018’s lineup, tickets, and more, please visit www.kaaboodelmar.com.
10. Creature Canyon – Day 02
– San Diego natives Creature Canyon start off our list. This trio of high energy rockers have been on an upward trend starting in early 2018. Since then, their hit single “Brooklyn Baby” was featured on Showtime’s hit show Shameless. Bolstering vivid bass lines and in-your-face vocals Creature Canyon are not to be missed.
09. SWMRS – Day 02
– SWMRS are the perfect band to soak up the Southern California sun. Traveling down the west coast from Oakland, CA, these punksters will get you on your feet like never before. The band features an outstanding mix of punk rock and surf rock with their single “Figuring it Out”. Start your Day 2 off with the guys from SWMRS.
SWMRS sure sound like they’ve got it figured out on this one.
08. Blondie – Day 01
– Fans looking to get their nostalgia fix have to look no further than Blondie on Day 1. Debbie Harry will take the stage with her monster singles “Heart of Glass” and “Call Me”. A pioneer in the early new wave and punk scenes of the late 1970’s, Blondie have sold over 40 million records worldwide.
07. Incubus – Day 01
– Coming in hot off their current European tour, Incubus will hit the beach shores this year at Kaaboo. The band have been hard at work on the recent release of their eighth studio album, 8. The band brings one of the most anticipated live performances to this years festival, with lead singer Brandon Boyd’s melodic vocal work front and center.
06. Halsey – Day 01
– One of the hottest singles of summer 2018 has been “Eastside”. A collaboration between Halsey, Benny Blanco, and Khalid. Halsey is a mainstay on Billboard’s Hot 100 and brings her amazing vocal work and electropop to Day 1 of the festival. Halsey has had one of the fastest rises to fame in recent memory, releasing hit after hit, such as “Bad at Love” and “Now Or Never”.
Number one single, “Rockstar”, with the hyper-violent accompanying video.
05. Post Malone – Day 01
– Austin Post, also known as Post Malone, rose to fame in the mid-2010’s with the release of his debut single “White Iverson”. Since then, Post Malone has released his second studio album, Beerbongs & Bentleys, to widespread critical acclaim. Featuring the single “Rockstar” with 21 Savage, the track rose to number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
04. Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters – Day 03
– One of the top can’t miss moments of Kaaboo 2018 will be when Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Robert Plant takes the stage with The Sensational Space Shifters, sampling numerous hits from Plant’s days as the lead singer of rock royalty band Led Zeppelin.
03. Katy Perry – Day 03
– Headlining the final night of this years festival is singer/songwriter superstar Katy Perry. Festival goers will be treated to an amazing performance as Perry is one of the top musicians in the world today, with a career spanning five studio albums, numerous hit singles, and a Super Bowl Halftime show performance.
“Everlong”, a true classic. Looking good, Dave.
02. Imagine Dragons – Day 02
– Las Vegas natives Imagine Dragons headline Day 02 of Kaaboo 2018. One of the leading rock bands in the world right now, the band has some of the richest and most intuitive alternative rock styles in recent memory. With singles that include blusterous hits such as “Believer” and “Radioactive”, Imagine Dragons features a live performance that can’t be missed.
01. Foo Fighters – Day 01
– And the number one, must-see act of Kaaboo 2018 is none other than Foo Fighters. Headlining the first day, the band will take the stage to the sunset-filled California coastline. Foo Fighters have always been widely acclaimed for their live performances, with vocalist Dave Grohl leading the charge with his high energy vocals alongside raucous drum work from Taylor Hawkins.
Those are the top acts gracing this year’s iteration of Kaaboo, so grab some sunscreen and get out there for some great tunes and hilarious comedy as party of San Diego’s premiere September weekend.