For most, Labor Day marks the end of summer and, in many places, also the end of festival season. But in northern California, where some of the warmest weather comes in September and October, the festival season continues! Once again, the Monster Energy Aftershock Festival is ready to rock in Sacramento, CA on October 13th and 14th. The event will sell out (many ticket tiers already have!) so don’t wait on joining in on the fun (purchase your passes here). That said, it’s time to start figuring out who to prioritize seeing on both days, so here are our top, must-see artists on 2018’s solid two-day lineup.
– Earlier this year, Bullet For My Valentine graced us with their sixth studio album, Gravity. It was one thing to experience blasting these songs moments after the album dropped, but I can’t wait to hear them take over the festival’s massive sound system. Shortly after Aftershock, Bullet For My Valentine will be heading off for a tour through Europe and Australia. Which means we might not see them back in the US/Canada until 2019 and makes them an even more vital addition to the list of “must-sees” for the festival.
This song rocks and there’s no way we’re “Over It” yet.
– Wage War has continued to prove that they put on a set worth showing up for. From small venues to a full summer on Warped Tour to massive festivals, they guys aren’t slowing down. They draw energetic crowds, making for a pit that you’ll want to be part of time and time again.
Do you even comprehend the “Gravity” of not watching this video?
– I struggle to find that words that do justice for explaining what a The Fever 333 set experience is like. This crew explodes on stage and doesn’t stand still for a moment. The three-piece came together a little bit over a year ago and have been delivering incredible sets all over the country since then. Their intense set is bound to leave an impression on you.
The Fever 333 “Made An America”. What have you done with your life?
– Erase Me has been the talk of the town since it dropped back in April. Underoath continued to grow their sound with the new release, but the thing that has not changed is their high energy performance. I personally can’t wait to hear some of their newest tracks live!
I swear “On My Teeth” you’ll dig this tune.
– System of a Down is coming back for the first time since 2015! Coupled with the fact that they are only here for a couple dates in October, that’s more than enough reason not to miss them at Aftershock.
This is “Toxicty”. Enough said.
So, there you go. Hope we have made your weekend selection process easier. If not, here’s the main line-up for your perusal.