Calgary, AB’s metalcore misfits, Shark Infested Daughters are in the midst of an extensive Canadian tour that has the band trekking across the great white north. Supporting their Jaws-sized tunes, including the newly-released single “Cetra” (buy it here) featuring Frankie Palmeri of Emmure, SID are using the shows to turn moshpits into shark-friendly chum! Speaking of fish food, the Western Canadian unit recently hit us up with this killer TOP 10 list of their favourite shark facts. Sink your teeth into this!
01. Freaky Teeth:
– In its lifetime, a shark can have up to 30,000 teeth. They are continuously being replaced and shifted within the mouth.
02. See This?:
– Sharks are colorblind.
03. Sensory Overload:
– Sharks are hypersensitive to pressure changes in the water. They can notice the slightest changes via specialized cells with tiny hairs in them.
04. Cannibalism FTW:
– If a shark embryo develops teeth, it will partake in intrauterine cannibalism, meaning it will eat its siblings inside the womb.
05. Hear That?
– Sharks have a highly evolved sense of hearing, which allows them to hear low-frequency sounds from up to quarter-mile away.
06. A Bone to Pick:
– Sharks are cartilaginous. What makes sharks different from fish is that their skeletons are made of cartilage instead of bone.
07. Put it in Reverse, Tim!:
– Unlike fish, sharks can only swim forward. That is because their fins are stiff and cannot be controlled by muscles.
08. Zombie Shark:
– Most sharks never sleep because they have to constantly pump water through their mouth over their gills to breath or they will die.
09. Shhhhhhh…. ark:
– Sharks do not have vocal cords, so they make no sounds. That is why they are known as the “silent killers.”
10. Fuck You, People!:
– Humans kill 100 million sharks a year. That means for every single person killed by a shark, humans kill 25 million sharks.
Watch the new video for “CETRA” featuring Emmure’s Frankie Palmeri.
Remaining Shark Infested Daughters Tour Dates:
04/12 – Vancouver, BC @ The Biltmore Cabaret
04/13 – Victoria, BC @ Quadra Street
04/14 – Nanaimo, BC @ Lantzille Legion
04/15 – Port Alberni, BC @ The Rainbow Room
04/19 – Medicine Hat, AB @ Liquid Nightclub
04/20 – Red Deer, AB @ The Krossing
04/21 – Edmonton, AB @ Temple/Starlight Room
04/22 – Calgary, AB @ Broken City
04/25 – Saskatoon, SK @ Black Cat Tavern
04/26 – Portage La Prairie @ Masonic Hall
04/27 – Winnipeg, MB @ The Windsor
04/28 – Thunder Bay, ON @ Black Pirates Pub
05/03 – London, ON @ Richmond Tavern
05/04 – Toronto, ON @ Hard Luck
05/05 – Ottawa, ON @ Cafe Dekcuf
05/06 – Montreal, QB @ Piranha Bar