Atlanta, GA’s rockers, Biters, are set to release their second album The Future Ain’t What It Used To Be on May 19th via Earache Records (pre-order it here) and, if you aren’t already, you’re going to want to get acquainted with this quartet. Retro rock to the max, these tunes will leave you both reminiscing and raging! With a North American tour about to get underway, we linked up via email with frontman Tuk Smith for his TOP 10 things to love about Atlanta.
10. East Atlanta Village
– A killer neighborhood to hang out or live in. Lots of venues, restaurants and culture.
– Atlanta has a lineage of great bands and new ones are always popping up. Rap culture casts a shadow over the rock n’ roll, punk and metal scenes but Atlanta can be thriving at times.
08. Tattoo Shops
– Atlanta is a heavily tattooed city and the shops are great. Lots of amazing artists to choose from.
07. Aurora Coffee
– One of the best coffee houses in the city. The cold brew special gets you lifted like no other.
06. We Suki Suki
– Bangin’ ass banh mi sandwiches owned by the most energetic Vietnamese woman on earth. She looks like she’s descended from a royal ancient bloodline with smooth ass skin and sharp cheekbones.
– Atlanta’s version of CBGB. Where bands cut their teeth. One of the oldest local venues in town. Classic.
04. Livin After Midnight
– The most debaucherous speakeasy dance party in the city. This shit can get wild. Every Sunday hundreds of people lose millions of brain cells.
03. Clermont Lounge
– if 55-year-old strippers with giant titties and hairy pussies are your thing then this is the place. Something straight out of a John Waters movie. Truly bizarre. It’s the epitome of sleazy Southern dive bars.
02. The Earl
– The alpha rock n’ roll hangout of the city. Almost every time you walk in Thin Lizzy is blasting. Great venue in the back and lounge in the front. A must-visit.
01. El Myr
– Best 6 dollar burritos in town and at night a great hang out. Any given day you’ll see members of Mastodon, The Coathangers, Black Lips, and more hanging out.
Check out the band’s song “Let It Roll”
05/19 – Chicago, IL @ Cobra Lounge
05/20 – Indianapolis, IN @ State Street Pub
05/21 – St Louis, MO @ Fubar
05/23 – Hamtramck, MI @ Smalls
05/25 – Toledo, OH @ Frankie’s
05/26 – Rochester, NY @ Harmony House
05/27 – Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
05/28 – Cambridge, MA @ Sonia
05/30 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Smiling Moose
05/31 – Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus
06/01 – Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery
06/02 – Harrisburg, PA @ Abbey Bar
06/03 – Philadelphia, PA @ Voltage Lounge
06/30 – Tulsa, OK @ The Vanguard